Triathlon BC's affiliated clubs play a vital role in creating opportunities for development, participation, and promoting the sport of Triathlon. Clubs provide social opportunities, oversee training opportunities, encourage development at all levels, and contribute to the growth and development of our sport. Why affiliate with Triathlon BC? There's plenty of reason:
- Affiliated clubs are listed on the Triathlon BC website according to zone and location, as below.
- Clubs are regularly featured in our eNews, with a circulation of over 8,500 subscribers!
- Liability and Accident Insurance Coverage for all training events, social events, and fundraisers!
- Affiliated clubs can request specific coach or officials clinics to best suit their schedules, AND enjoy registration discounts!
Resources, Club Affiliation forms and much more are available on our Getting Started page and list of Triathlon BC Affiliated Clubs is visible on our Club Listings page.
|SPECIAL NOTICE: 2016 CLUB AFFILIATION FORMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON OUR GETTING STARTED PAGE. FORMS FOR 2016 NEED TO BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED TO email@example.com BEFORE NOVEMBER 24, 2015
In order to identify Triathlon BC's concept of 'Clubs' - as opposed to informal associations of individuals - minimum criteria and participant numbers (zone-dependant) have been established, as listed below:
- Minimum of 10 members in Zones 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6* (includes Thompson-Okanagan, Fraser Valley, Fraser River-Delta, Vancouver-Squamish and Vancouver Island).
- Minimum of 5 members in Zones 1, 7 and 8* (includes Kootenays, North/West BC and Cariboo-North East BC)
- Regular, scheduled training sessions with an NCCP Community Sport (Triathlon-specific) accredited Coach in attendance.
- Clubs hosting youth participants (under 19) must provide a Criminal Records Check for all coaches.
- All coaches and participants involved in club training sessions must be current Triathlon BC members.